Wednesday, August 29, 2012


In class today we finished hooking everyone up with a blogger account.  Since I was already finished I was able to talk to the people around me or get on the computer. Since I had homework I got on the computer and did my homework. When I was finished I talked to the people around me until the bell rang..

Arête- the highest human knowledge

Polis- the Greek word for city

Socrates- was a classical Greek philosopher

The death of Socrates- he was commanded to drink hemlock, or go to exile. He chose hemlock.

The Socratic Method- was named after the classical Greek philosopher. Is a form of inquiry and debate between individuals.

The data 508BC- Was when democracy formed in Athens.

Agora- A central spot in Greek city states, Ancient Greece used the center for athletic, artistic, spiritual and political life of the city.

What did it mean when you were called and idiot in in Ancient Greece- Someone who is self-sufficient.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment